Sunday, July 5, 2009

in case i didn't mention it i'm running for first lady

http://kimyadawson.com/audio/02-parade.mp3

you have to write me in. thanks to beautiful kt for sending me this to make me smile today, i hope it does the same for you! take a listen to the lovely kimya dawson.

if you'd like to know an entertaining story about me, i sang the whitney houston song contained herein at a school assembly when i was perhaps eight or nine years old. my memory of it is rather dim, but it's stuck there, as something awesome that i once did, and i still love to sing this when i get worked up about something related to my work, or social justice, or some brilliant beautiful little child that i get a chance to work with in therapy and feel really strongly about. it just spills out of me. there, now you know something silly about me.

happy fourth of july, everyone. in the news today: i ate vegan.
i hope you all had a beautiful day and felt good and did something that made you feel like you had a place in the world, even if you feel a little out of place in the independence day crowds, as i usually do.

i am off to eat fried vegan pies at midnight.

i love this town.

be free, all, be free.
xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment