Monday, September 7, 2009
a pound and a half of plums (this is not for a very large amount, just a small tupperware for you and yours)
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 tablespoons molasses
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
1/2 teaspoon cardomom
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- cut plums into small pieces
- stir molasses and all other ingredients together into a bowl until they are smooth and well-combined
- pour molasses mixture over plums and marinate overnight
- dissolve cornstarch in cold water
- start simmering the plums at medium heat and pour the dissolved cornstarch in, and stir, stir, stir. this i charge you: you must keep stirring.
- i cooked this for hours, probably 2-3. but you just want to watch the consistency and wait for it to become JAM! i used a spoon to take it out and test, cool it down and make sure it seems like the sort of jam you like to eat!
- eat that jam!